Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Custom Card Monday...err...Wednesday!

Busy beginning of the week here at Hawaii Paper Party! A couple of design team posts and a blog hop! Whew! So my Custom Card Monday post has turned into a Custom Card Wednesday post this week! (I feel funny posting twice in the same day. Kind of like I'm not giving posts their full day of being-looked-at potential. LOL, does anyone else feel that way?)

Anywho, here's my card!

Someone asked me to make a card that looked exactly like a painting their Mom had in her living room.  Unfortunately I didn't have a photo of the painting, just the description! It was "a pagoda on an island that can be accessed by a bridge, and cherry blossoms all around." This represented Springtime in Vietnam. She also wanted that sentiment for Chinese New Year and some lanterns. Here's what I came up with!

All cuts are from Pagoda, but added more pink flowers with a SU punch for dimension.  Also sponged the sky and water with some SU inks. 

Entering this in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Little Miss Muffet: Anything Goes
Stampin Boutique: Own Background


Hope you enjoyed my custom card this week!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Cely!! I love the scene you've created!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karon said...

Truly wonderful oriental card. And I understand what you mean about the giving the post the day of visiting potential :-) TFS

lisa808 said...

Awesome creation!

Michelle Looi said...

Lovely pieces! How sweet!
Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Nathalie said...

so cute card. I love japan papers. Thanks for playing with us at Little Miss Muffet challenge.
Nathalie

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW this is such a pretty scenic card you have made. Love the Pagoda
Cheers from India
Dr Sonia

Milnie said...

Oh this card is so fun, love all the elements!
Thank you so much for joining us for our Dies and Punches Challenge at Crafting for All Seasons,

Hugs,
Milnie DT

Carol said...

Great use of dies/punches :) Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time and good luck. Carol DT x

Post a Comment