Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Elephant Birthday Card

Today was an extremely random day.  Have you ever had one of those days where a bunch of little random things just happen?  A couple of years ago, I would've gotten angry at some of of the things that happened today.  Today, I just brushed them off and laughed.  Little things are not worth getting worked up about (I wish someone would've drilled this into my head starting when I was a teen!).  Plus, random is always interesting and funny!

Since my nephew got his birthday card in the mail today, it is safe to post what I sent him! He turned 3 last week.

The image is free with purchase at Tiddlyinks.  Isn't he so adorable? I used Copics to ink him up, glossy accents on the balloons, Stampin Up CS, stamp, ink, and pom pom trim.  The paper is a loose sheet that broke off from an old stack.

I've had a lot of followers and comments from Diana's blog hop and I'm slowly (but surely!) going to comment on each of your blogs. :) I appreciate all the best wishes and all the comments that you guys left for me! 

Peace, love, and Sabotage!



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cely, the sweetest little elephant, you've mastered those copics pretty quick, amazing job and Happy Birthday to your nephew.

Kick back and relax, its a New Year, looking forward to seeing all the pretty things you design this year. Hugs, Lori m

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

super cute card. love that pom pom trim.

Beckie said...

Love your card. You did wonderful coloring! Super cute.

BE Blessed, Beckie

Creations by Shirl said...

I have this image too, wasn't the elephant fun to color? cute card I'm sure he just loved it when he opened up the envelope.....

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Cely,
Oh, super cute card. Bet your nephew loved it. Reminds me of the circus. How fun!

Leanne said...

Aw, love this card Cely! Super sweet and love the pom poms on the bottom.
Hoping you are having a better day.
Happy New Year!
;)

Norma said...

OMG! adorable card and love the pom pom trim at he bottom:) very cute!! Happy New Year!!
Hugs,
Norma

Amy said...

Super cute card Cely!! :)Amy

Tracy said...

Your card is just so cute.
Love that little elephant, perfect for a little boy card.

Lisa said...

This is so adorable, Cely!! That sweet elephant makes me smile!! And I love the orange pom-pom fringe!! So cute :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So adorable! Love the great trim!
Have you read the book "Don't sweat the small stuff... It's all small stuff?"
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

flowerdisco said...

thanks cely....i love your "sabotage". he is too darn cute :P

i have a lot of randomness in my life too! :)

oh, and holding grudges are bad too. hehe i do my best with the later. ;P

Sherrie K. said...

Adorable card!Love the image and cute little pom pom fringe!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Post a Comment