Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Eiffel Tower Card and a future blog hop!

I bought a bunch of mat stacks while I was on my trip at HL and Joanns.  I've never worked with them before as my craft stores out here don't seem to carry them.  I wanted to see how easy it was to layer!


I really wanted to use this SU! stamp set with the Eiffel Tower.  I thought it was so stinkin cute.  I embossed it with black embossing powder and added the metal photo corners.  The lace is some vintage ribbon and I just used my Exacto knife to cut slits so I could weave the ribbon through.  

I may not be around much because I'm back to working full time and working on my thesis (for my very last class!!!), but I will show love on your blog if you leave a comment. :) Also, mark your calendars, because August 8 (THIS MONDAY!) is my birthday and I'm having a blog hop with some of my best online buds!  Yup, it'll be Hello Kitty themed and I'm planning on having my first video up!  Also, LOTS of blog candy to be won!


See you there!


11 comments:

Marie said...

Cant wait for the blog hop! I <3 HK!

Kelly G said...

First off, I LOVE this card, my husband took me to Paris and London for two weeks last Oct., it was our 10th Anniversary. Your card took me back, now I want to be there! Thanks a-lot! :)

I am putting the finishing touches on my HK projects!, yes projects.. he he...

Susan said...

Hi Cely!

I love the look of this, so pretty and so Paris! This would look fabulous hanging up on a wall. You did a wonderful job with adding the ribbon the way you did. I really do like the colors too, great job!

I'm going to try and hop on Monday but if for some reason I can't I hope you have a very happy birthday!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Amy said...

A beautiful and elegant card! :)Amy
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Pretty card, now back to your studies, lol.

Hugs, Lori m

Kimberly J. said...

Oh my gosh a Hello Kitty Blog Hop! I am there!! :) I'm a huge HK fan ;) Anyways, I stopped by your blog for the first time to tell you that you won the blog candy from my blog, The Birthday Sundaes Blog Hop!
:)

Pendra said...

Beautiful card... and Happy Birthday, hope you have a wonderful fun filled day!! I will try and hop tomorrow too, could use a little fun in my life right now! Come visit me anytime too!
Pendra
pendrasplace.blogspot.com

Maribel said...

What a gorgeous card!
Happy Birthday Cely!! It can't get any more perfect than Hello Kitty!!
Maribel

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Super Cute Card Cely! I love that stamp set! I'm sure you'll have fun with the mat stacks! They are so easy to use! I saw you won over at Kimberly's blog from the Bday Sundaes blog hop http://hellocutiecrafts.blogspot.com/ !! WOOHOO EARLY BIRTHDAY PRESENT! Congrats!

teachermom5 said...

Love the embossing on this and the photo corners were a perfect touch. Good luck on your thesis. I am so proud of you. Remember crafting is therapy so make sure you still get some crafty time in:)

Shar said...

Yay you made a Video!!! I love it!!!! I hope you are having a Wonderful Birthday!!!!! Mines is on Thursday So Happy happy my Fellow Leo!!!

Post a Comment