Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

More Teacher's Appreciation Projects

Whew!  What a week of projects!  More teacher's appreciation projects the past couple of days and in the next few, I'll show you my Mother's Day projects. :)

To thank the teachers that let us Girl Scouts use their rooms, I made some of these Orbit gum holders.  The school made each day this week (for teacher's appreciation week) a special theme and I gave it to them yesterday for "fruit day," which is when you give your teacher fruit.  I figured they would have TONS of fruit, so I opted for fruity flavored gum!

(click for larger image)
Orbit gum holders for Teacher's Appreciation Day

These were so simple to make, I just took the concept from those cocoa or chocolate bar sliders.  I just wrapped the card stock around the gum (Mine was cut at 3 3/4"x 5.5" scored at 1/2", 2.5", 3", and 5": but these measurements can be altered for different brands of gum).  I punched holes with my Crop a Dile at the tops and fed the ribbon through with the gum in the middle of everything.  I secured the sides with Sticky Strip then decorated with Stampin Up's Tart & Tangy stamp set to match the orange flavor.  The sentiments were just printed from my computer and punched out.

I had younger Girl Scouts earlier in the week and wanted to do a crafty project with them too.  Instead of having tiny paper parts, I decided to keep it simple.  The apple is for Teacher's Appreciation week and the flower is for Mother's Day.

(click for larger image)
5 year olds made these!

(click for larger image)
Just attach a magnet to the back for instant gifts

I just cut out the apple pieces from Create a Critter.  I left out the leaves because they were a bit small.  For the Mother's Day magnet, I just stamped a flower image on a piece of white card stock and stamped a sentiment as well.  I let them decorate it and mount it on another piece of pink card stock.  Magnetic strips ($1 at Wal-Mart!) went onto the backs so they can give them as gifts to their teacher and Mom.  

Till tomorrow folks! Can't wait to see what you guys have been making this week at your blogs!  Leave me a comment below and I'll come and visit! :)

9 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Such cute projects!

snappy scrappy said...

Great projects...just love those gum holders...too cute!

Roxann said...

Saw you on the Outlawz! Love your projects. As a big time gum chewer I really love the gum holder! Really cute!
Hugz,
Roxann

Roxann said...

I forgot!! My Dad was in the service and we were stationed at Schofield Barracks for four years in the late 60's. Loved living there!

Anonymous said...

Those teacher projects are adorable, very clever and the Mother's day projects amazing, your children made those? Wow!!!

Lori m

Dana said...

Cute, cute projects made by all!! The pictures of Hawaii in your blog banner are amazing!!
Hugs~
Dana

Star said...

These are so adorable!! I love the idea of gum instead of fruit, and those little apples...so cute! Thanks for visiting my blog! =D

flowerdisco said...

hello cely, thanks for the love left on my blog. you have a very pretty collection of projects here too. i hope you stop and visit more. remember nsd will be this sat and mps has lots of giveaways for the challenges. :P

michele hileman said...

Awesome projects I found your blog from the outlawz... I am a follower now

Post a Comment